This is really simple to make but has tons of uses. I love that I can finally eat bread again on my low carb diet!
I have a 5-ingredient Keto cloud bread recipe plus I have 20 more recipes using cloud bread with ideas of how to use it in planning your meals. If you’re eating gluten-free or low carb, you need this 5-Ingredient Keto Cloud Bread Recipe in your life. It’s easy to make and uses regular grocery store ingredients, but the best part is it actually tastes like a light, fluffy bread. My whole family loves it!
- 4 Eggs
- 4 Tbl (2 oz) Light Cream cheese (softened)
- pinch Real Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1 packet Splenda (optional – don’t use for the Keto diet)
- Position two racks in the middle of the oven. Heat to 350.
- Prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper and cooking spray or Silpat liners. (They can leave a residue, even on the Silpat, so if you don’t like that, you will need to also grease your Silpat)
- Separate the egg whites and yolks into two mixing bowls.
- Add the cream of tartar to the egg whites and beat stiff with an electric mixer. They should stiffen after 3-5 minutes of beating. Do not over-beat.
- Whisk the cream cheese, salt and Splenda if using into the yolks until smooth.
- Gently fold the yolk mixture into the whites. The batter should be fluffy.
- Use a regular-sized ice cream scoop or 1/4 cup measure to spoon the batter onto the baking sheets. (A pretty good way to get the batter out of the cup and onto the baking sheet is with a small plastic spatula. That keeps the mess level down, and you can use the spatula to spread and shape them into discs.)
- Place 6 mounds of batter on each sheet so they have room to spread.
- Bake 20-22 minutes, switching racks halfway through.
- Let the bread cool completely before removing from the baking sheets.