These peanut butter cereal bites are sooooo good!
I’ve eaten 4 (or is it 5 now?) of them since I made them this morning. Yum! I just can’t help myself! I pushed off my lunch until almost 2pm because I was so full. Peanut butter has lots of protien, so they really do make a great afternoon snack to curb your appetite. Or they’re a fun breakfast if you’re on the run!
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups plain Cheerios
- Add the honey and peanut butter to a large, microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove and stir until well combined.
- Return the bowl to the microwave for another 30 to 45 seconds.
- Add the vanilla extract and stir well.
- Add the Cheerios and stir until the cereal is well coated.
- Drop portions onto a parchment lined baking sheet (or into cupcake liners). Allow them to set. They should harden up enough to pick them up within half an hour, but it takes a few hours for them to be more firm.
- Microwaving times vary depending on the microwave. Make sure the honey is boiling or else it won't set. But also be careful not to burn it.
- Alternatively, you can bring the mixture to a boil on the stove over medium-low heat and let it simmer for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.