There is nothing about these pork chops that you won’t like. They are tender, juicy, flavorful and delicious. In addition, the pan juices are so good that you just want to drink them from the pot. I am not surprised as I’ve been perfecting this recipe for quite some time.
As I mentioned above, food cooked in a pressure cooker doesn’t need to be bland and watery. Instead, it can be just a flavorful and well-textured.
In this recipe, pork chops are first covered with salt, spices and flour, then sauteed right in your Instant Pot to get a beautiful and delicious crust. After sauteing pork chops, we prepare the honey garlic sauce, in which the chops will be cooked under pressure. As a result, the chops get double the flavor, a great texture and a delicious sauce on top. The sauce does not need to be thickened, it is delicious as is, but you can go ahead and do it if you desire.
How long to cook pork chops in Instant Pot?
A typical 1-inch thick, fresh (not frozen) pork chop will need about 8 to 15 minutes of high pressure cooking. Five to seven minutes would be appropriate if pork chops are first seared. Eight minutes of cooking will make a very juicy pork chop, while 15 minutes of cooking will produce a well-done, fork-tender pork chop. On the other hand, thin-cut pork chops, non-seared, will only need 5 minutes of pressure cooking.
- 2 boneless pork chops (about 1 inch thick)
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt (plus more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 5 cloves garlic (peeled and pressed)
- 1 cup broth (vegetable or chicken)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- In a small bowl, combine salt, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, white pepper and all purpose flour. Season the pork chops with the dry rub mix, making sure to coat the edges as well as both flat sides of each chop.
- When the butter is melted, quickly add the pork chops and sear until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Remove the pork chops and set aside. Turn off the Instant Pot.
- Add the pressed garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add the broth and scrape the brown bits stuck to the bottom of the pot. Add the honey and the white wine vinegar, and stir well. Taste for salt and adjust if needed.
- Return the pork chops back to the pot, placing them right in the liquid. They don't need to be submerged all the way.
- Cover the pressure cooker and make sure the pressure valve is sealed. Set for MANUAL, HIGH pressure for 7 minutes cook time.
- When the pressure cook time is up, let the pressure cooker naturally release for 10-12 minutes. After the 10-12 minutes, open the valve completely to quickly release all the remaining pressure.
- Remove the pork chops from the Instant Pot and let rest for 3-5 minutes before serving. Serve the chops with the honey garlic sauce from the pot.