This family friendly Smothered Cheesy Sour Cream Chicken dish is quick, easy, and delicious! There's only ten minutes of prep time and then the oven takes care of the rest!
WHAT IS SOUR CREAM? IS IT HEALTHY?
Sour cream is made by adding lactic-acid producing bacteria to cream, which sours and thickens the cream. I personally love the tangy taste, but it’s also a good addition to a healthy diet. Not only is it a source of healthy fats, but it contains protein and a number of important nutrients as well.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 slices mozzarella
- 1 cup Hood sour cream
- 3/4 cup Parmesan, freshly grated, divided
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, freshly ground
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- Parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat rectangular baking dish with a little olive oil.
- Mix sour cream with a half cup of Parmesan, salt and pepper, oregano and basil, garlic powder and cornstarch together.
- Lay your chicken breasts in baking dish, top each with a slice of mozzarella and smother the chicken with the sour cream mixture. Top with 1/4 cup remaining Parmesan.
- Cook for 1 hour.
- Serve chicken over rice. Top with chopped parsley for garnish.