This is a super quick and easy dessert recipe – nothing fancy or involved, but I find that those are often the best, especially in the summer when you don’t want to turn on an oven and are craving something cold and refreshing. As predicted, everyone raved about this dessert yesterday.
The only thing that could have made it better is if we would have been eating it at the beach!
- 24 ice cream sandwiches (homemade or store-bought)
- 12 ounce jar caramel topping (or substitute homemade)
- 12 ounce jar hot fudge topping (or substitute homemade
- 8 ounce Cool Whip
- Chopped peanuts
- Maraschino cherries
- Line the bottom of a 9x13-inch pan with half of the ice cream sandwiches, cutting them to fit as needed.
- Spread the jar of caramel topping over top of the ice cream sandwiches. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Arrange the remaining ice cream sandwiches on top of the caramel layer, again cutting as needed to fit the pan. Spread the hot fudge over the ice cream sandwiches. Spread the Cool Whip on top. Place in the freezer until ready to serve.
- Serve with chopped peanuts and maraschino cherries. The dessert can be stored in the freezer for up to 1 month.