Eating the keto way does not been you have to give up your favorite foods! Even though we love wings on keto, I like to change it up a bit with these keto buffalo chicken meatballs!
We absolutely love buffalo chicken wings. And, of course, on keto they are totally approved as long they are not breaded with flour/wheat flour etc. You can coat them in almond, coconut or peanut flour, but sometimes I like to change it up a bit. Keto meatballs are also a major favorite in our house.
Our keto buffalo chicken meatballs are oven baked and offer less calories and fat than traditional wings. Yes, on keto the fat is ok, however sometimes you may have a day where you are closing in on your fat and calorie goal for the day and need something lighter. These will curb that buffalo chicken craving in a quick way!
Though most keto meatballs are made with pork rinds, there aren’t any in this recipe. You can add them if you wish. Pork rinds aren’t my favorite so I skip them when I can.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 sprigs of green onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, trimmed and finely diced
- 1 tablespoon almond or coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp pink sea salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup of buffalo wing sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400. Spray a sheet pan with non stick cooking spray or grease with Olive oil, coconut oil or butter. (I use Olive oil)
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, minus the buffalo sauce. Mix well.
- Use your hands to form 2″ balls, mixture will be sticky. If desired set out a small amount of almond or coconut flour to dust your palms with. I personally just pushed through it and made a mess all over my hands!
- Place meatballs on a sheet pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until center has reached 160º
- Remove meatballs from the oven. Place in a skillet or pot over medium low heat. Coat with buffalo sauce. Continue to cook just until sauce is warmed.
- Serve over pureed celery root or cauliflower that has been mixed with a ranch seasoning packet! Or eat as is.
- These keto buffalo chicken meatballs make a great snack, lunch or dinner. Heck, I have even had a few wrapped in lettuce for breakfast…… don’t ask … it was a weird day.